Infrastructure Test System TM500 TD-LTE Single UE
3GPP TD-LTE Release 8 Test
• Functional, performance of TD-LTE basestation and network equipment
• 3GPP LTE compliant operation at Layer 1,Layer 2, and higher layers (RRC/NAS)
• 150 Mbps, 20 MHz, MIMO, Closed Loop,multiple RF bands, Handover and CPRI
• Comprehensive control, measurement,data logging, display and analysis tools at all layers
• Powerful and scalable Software Defined Radio platform to support the future LTE technology roadmap and maximize return on investment
• Innovative test features to boost engineering productivity including high speed baseband logging, traffic data generators, and parameter override of closed control loops
• Remote and automation API
• Operation in the lab test and over the air
• Part of the TM500 product family that includes 3GPP LTE Multi-UE and Capacity test solutions
• Builds on heritage of global standard LTE FDD, HSPA/HSPA+ TM500 WCDMA test mobile
• Worldwide technical support and sales network
TM500 TD-LTE SYSTEM OVERVIEW
The 3GPP’s Long Term Evolution (LTE) programmes are expected to deliver an increasingly better mobile user experience through improvements in end-user throughputs, sector capacity, and user
plane latency. To achieve this requires some significant changes in parts of the network infrastructure and mobile user equipment.
The TM500 TD-LTE product is a major addition to the Aeroflex TM500 family of 3GPP test mobiles and a substantial commitment by Aeroflex to support the current and future technologies required for 3GPP LTE. Two key differentiators between FDD and TDD technologies are the UL-DL asymmetry and the special sub-frame.TM500 TD-LTE supports all UL-DL configurations defined by 3GPP
to account for symmetrical and asymmetrical network traffic. The full range of special sub-frame configurations is also supported. Special sub-frame is defined by 3GPP in order to avoid UL and DL interfering to each other (each configuration applies to a different cell size).
Built upon a new and scalable software defined radio platform, the TM500 TD-LTE product targets development, demonstration and testing of 3GPP TD-LTE infrastructure equipment.
The range now also includes options for higher layers, higher category UEs, LTE FDD and Multi-UE operation. With its layered operation and automation interfaces the TM500 TD-LTE can additionally operate within an automated or wrap around test configuration.
Through years of experience in WCDMA/HSPA+ and working closely with customers on LTE FDD development and demonstrations, the TM500 TD-LTE product is primarily designed to help support and accelerate the overall development and test programme. The TM500 TD-LTE product offers the earliest access to the latest 3GPP functionality, before real handsets, as well as layered operation and high degree of logging and control.
Productivity enhancing tools simplify the development and running of test scenarios and include advanced test features such forced errors and event triggering. Highly flexible operation enables the TM500 TD-LTE to be used in many customer configurations including in the lab, over the air, manually or remotely or as part of an automated test system.